This online Understanding Dementia course is ideal for staff, in the care environment, working with people suffering from dementia. This e-learning course will give staff a general understanding of the dementia, and the issues associated with it will be established.
Those enrolled on the course will gain under-pinning knowledge of dementia and how to assist the individuals with managing the disease.
- What is meant by the term “Dementia”
- Different Types of Dementia
- Strategies that may assist the individual and their carer in the management of the disease
- Supporting the Individual
- Managing behavioural changes
- Empowering the Individual