When we talk about influence and persuasion, we often talk about marketing and sales. However, we influence in many ways and with great frequency. If you want a raise, sometimes you need to persuade your boss. If you want to convince your team to adopt a change, help your staff make choices, or choose the best place for lunch, there is often influencing taking place. This content will help participants learn how to influence and persuade in a variety of areas.
- Make decisions about using persuasion versus manipulation
- Apply the concepts of pushing and pulling when influencing others
- Use different techniques for getting persuasive conversations and presentations underway
- Make a persuasive presentation by using the 5 S’s
- Apply storytelling techniques to extend influence
- Leverage concepts of neuro linguistic programming in everyday influence and persuasion